Amazingly Interesting and Random Facts About Music and Entertainment
A list of entertaining and interesting facts from the entertainment world.
A list of entertaining and interesting facts from the entertainment world
- Number one Top-selling Album of All-Time selling 29 million copies is Eagle’s “Eagles/Their Greatest Hits – 1971-75.”
- The most downloaded film in the world is “The Transformer” with more than 570,000 downloads followed by “Knocked Up”.
- The song “Stay” by The Zodiac is the shortest number 1 hit with 1:38 playing time only.
- The 3 films to win the most Oscars are Ben-Hur (1959), Titanic (1997) and The Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King (2003) with 11 Oscars each.
- “Let’s Get Together” is the shortest Top Ten Hit with a playing time of 1:28.
- The 2 studios with the most “Best Picture” Oscars are Columbia and United Artists with 12 each followed by Paramount with 11.
- Billboard’s (which debut on August 4, 1958) first Number One hit was Rick Nelson’s “Poor Little Fool.”
- Harrison Ford’s greatest film is “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull” which was released in 2008.
- The Television Capital of the world with 400,000,000 TV sets is China.
- Clint Eastwood’s greatest film is his 2004 “Million Dollar baby”.
- The number one Animated Film of All-Time with more than $436 million total gross is “Shrek 2.”
- Johnny Depp’s greatest film is “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest” released in 2006.
- The number one Kids’ Movies of All-Time with more than $460 million total gross is “Star Wars.”
- Meryl Streep is the actress with the most Oscar nominations – 15. Her greatest film is her 2008 “Mama Mia”.
- Judi Dench won a supporting actress Oscar for her role as Queen Elizabeth in “Shakespeare in Love.” She appeared in the filmed for only 8 minutes.
- The actor with the most Oscar nominations is Jack Nicholson with 12.
- The greatest film flop is the 2002 “The Adventure of Pluto Nash”. Its estimated budget was $100 million but it earned only $7.1 million at 2nd ranked is the 1995 “Cutthroat Island” with an estimated budget of $98 million but earned little ore than $10 million only.
- The greatest guitarist of all time is Jimi Hendrix of the US. Duane Allman, also of the US, comes next.
- The number one greatest album of all time is the sensational “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles (1967). At second place is Beach Boys’ 1967 “Pet Sounds”.
- The number one gangster film is the 1972 “The Godfather" followed by the 1990 “Goodfellas”.
- The number one greatest singer of all time is the American Aretha Franklin. At second place is her fellow American - Ray Charles.
- The best fantasy film is “The Wizard of Oz” of 1939 and raked next is the 2001 “Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”.
- The number one single of all time is the song Candle in the Wind in 1997 by Elton John with a worldwide sale of more than 37 million copies. Bing Cosby’s “White Christmas” released in 1942 is number two with a worldwide sale of more than 30 million copies.
- The number one epic film is Lawrence of Arabia - 1962 and number two is the 1959 Ben-Hur.
- The artist with the most Grammy Award is Sir George Sotti with 31. Quincy Jones has 27.